Thursday, August 4, 2011

My love-hate relationship with..an anime??(note: EXTREMELY LONG POST)

First off, no, I am not sane. I've been sucked too far down the anime fan drain to be anywhere near sane.
And, ME normal? Hehehehehhe! Hell to the no! I was never normal, even before the anime.

In fact, I've gone so far down the drain, I've landed in a little place I call the Naruto fandom (and no, I do not mean Japanese fish cakes..)

Okay, so most people call it the Naruto fandom, but I'm trying to write here, people! Geez..

In all honesty, Naruto could be a lot worse, but, it's still pretty bad.. X__X

I do think it has redeeming qualities to it ( such qualities are why I watch it).,  like:

1. the fact that the (most of) the characters are easy to relate to.  Really, even the most evil and insane antagonist have something that happened to them in the past that would lead them to be so..errr...evil and insane  ( although Deidara was just plain insane, I mean, the guy was willing to blow himself up! O__O) . Actually most of them were orphans.. except for Madara..who was shunned by his family..and his entire village ( which, by the way he founded along with the first Hokage..). Which, given what he wanted his family to do, it was understandable, but he was really only trying to help them..
I still want to punch him in the face, though. >.<  (EDIT: But at the same time I want to hug him.. I'm still on  the fence about whether I hate Madara or love him..XD)

Gosh Naruto is just full to the brim with people who had bad childhoods.
Nagato, Konan, Sasori, Orochimaru, Sasuke, and Naruto..all orphans..
and that's just the START of their problems..

2. The backstory behind the entire plot ( am I phrasing this right?)  actually makes sense, and its pretty detailed. I don't mean somebody sealing a Kitsune(nine tailed fox) into a baby. I'm thinking even further back.
I'm talking about:
A (very) long time ago. There was the Sage of (the) Six paths (of the rinnegan?). He was ( I think) thought to be the first Ninja.  He had god like power ( the rinnegan, which only shows up in one  person when the world has sunken in to the deepest dankest pit of despair)  which he used to separate
a giant tailed beast ( i don't remember how many tails it had.. T__T) into 9 parts. A one tailed beast, a two tailed beast..all the way to nine tails.  The tailed beasts still caused a lot of problems, so they were sealed into humans ..who are usually feared, and  treated as weapons, and not actual people.
The Sage  had two sons. The younger one believed in the power of love (?) and the other believed in the power of physical strength. The Sage chose the younger one as successor ( of what I'm not really sure..) instead of the elder one. Older one had a visual justsu ( the sharingan)  and founded the Uchiha clan.
The younger founded the Senju clan and used earth and water style chakra to create wood ( please correct me if I'm wrong..)
The hatred between the two clans lead to a lot of conflict, which led to the foundation of the Ninja villages..which, long story short led Madara to be shunned by his own clan, and village , fight the first hokage, and be presumed dead, while really he was founding a criminal organization (the akatsuki).

Who has the time and the patience to think this all up..?? Talk about being dedicated..
---

However, for every good thing, there's usually a bad thing..
Here's the list so far:

1. Filler..so much filler. It's to prevent the anime from getting too caught up with the manga..but still..

2. The pace is soooooo slow. I really don't want to watch a battle that last 6 episodes..even if some of the jutsus used  look cool..(XD) And, also, I just wanna know how it ends.
Hundreds of episodes and it's just barely seeming to get to the climax.. X_X
----

Yeah, that's basically the beginning of the explanation of my love-hate relationship with Naruto.
Despite the love-hate thing, I'd still recommend it. If you haven't watched the anime please give it a try..( I can't speak for the manga, though. I haven't had a chance to read it though)


You may all shoot me, glare at me or torture me in other ways now,  if you'd like to.

-Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment